Monday, June 1, 2009

Girls Night Out

So this blog has been a bit of a tongue-in-cheek, extreme view on dating. My pisstake view on various instances that I thought might be interesting to write about.

Now, I'm a single girl - and most of my girlfriends are... well.. not. That's great. Most of the time I love their BF's. It makes the group larger and I enjoy meeting new people, but the problem is that when you're taken, you seem to forget how to have fun. Does that disappear when you have sex with a regular person on a regular basis? I know already have found that someone to cuddle with - I get it - you don't want to go out and pick up - that's me too, and I'm single! I've never been the "pick-up-and-take-a-random-home" type of girl. Many times I wished I could be, but I'm not. But this little blog has come about from my friend one evening when I asked her if she wanted to come out for a drink with me on a Saturday night. The conversation went a little like this:

Me: Hey, I finish work early, feel like going to the Irish Tavern Saturday night. Cheap Coctails till 8."

Her: Sounds alright. But I don't like going out anymore. I don't need to go out.

PARDON?

I was shocked. Why? The phrase echoed through me, and still sits at the back of my skull whenever I ask her to do something (Go see the new local band down at the local pub, go play pool etc. You don't need to go out? Excuse me? Because you've got a boyfriend? How about just going out to spend some time with me? I don't NEED to go out either, but I WANT to. Not because I think I'm going to score. I live in a hole of a town where most of the men are either little boys who still wear their pants halfway down their arse, divorced and bitter, or just fuckwits with their own hands on their cocks tossing over themselves (Excuse the crudity). No. Never do I go out and think I will pick up. But this taken girls not wanting to be out past 6pm is starting to get to me. I'm 25! I want to hang with my girlfriends. I've been feeling it for a while now because most of my friends are married or taken, and I think they forget that you know.... I'm not. I like to social atmosphere of being at the Tavern with a bottle of wine and sitting in the night air having a drink. You might meet someone new, or see someone you havent' seen in years, but the fact of the matter is, I like it better than staring at my telly on a Saturday night. I like the fact it feels that I'm social and having at least half a life. And I hate the fact that none of my friends want to feel it with me. I know you're taken, but don't you ever want to be social? It's not the whole "we're 18 lets get smashed" garbage. Now, in my mid 20's, it's about having drinks with your girlfriends and letting loose for a few hours. Wearing your best dress and heels and feeling sexy.

So, if only to be able to buy a new dress and wear it out one night, taken girls, don't forget your single girlfriends. Enjoy their company. Because, sadly, once taken, everyone seems to fade away. Friendships are their to be enjoyed, and if you're looked at by another man, enjoy that too.

1 comment:

  1. HERE HERE GF come up here ill party with u bottle of long flat moscato ooo yumo

    ReplyDelete